Under the direction of the Lab Services Director develops, administers, directs and implements all lab and related patient care activities, for areas of accountability. Responsibilities include but are not limited to standardization of systems, identification of efficiencies, integration of performance improvement strategies, processes and communication plans which support lab goal attainment while fostering patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
The individual in this position:
- Works in close collaboration with the lab and medical assistant team to meet and support training and regulatory needs.
- Serves as a resource for lab orders and procedures as well as regulatory requirements and insurance limitations.
- Develops testing and training as needed in order to meet operational requirements.
- Utilizes Laboratory skills to perform and report results of clearly defined laboratory procedures assuring optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with the training of other employees under the direction of the technical consultant/lab director.
- Responsible for assigned shifts and subject to overtime and call back as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.