Overview and Responsibilities
- Server as a subject matter expert for the Epic EMR Citrix environment
- Design, test and deploy new implementations and updates to existing infrastructure in accordance to Vendors recommendations and best practices.
- Manage and support NetScaler, XenApp, XenDesktop, and Storefront
- Manage Citrix application builds, release cycles, patching and test schedules
- Provision Citrix servers as needed.
- Provide system level administration/maintenance for Epic Citrix infrastructure, to include hundreds of XenApp servers.
- Perform firmware, hardware, and OS upgrades, and required patch management.
- Perform short-term and long-term server capacity planning
- Monitor overall system performance and perform the necessary tuning.
- Develop necessary scripts to automate key administration tasks.
- Perform Epic software Special Updates (SU) as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team.
- Work closely with respective technical counterparts at Epic systems – in Verona Wisconsin.
- Participate in required change management process.
- Participate in technical support for end-users – via various methods such as remote tools, email, phone and sometimes a site visit.
- Actively participate in triage and support activities using the standard help desk process and approved software tools, and to ensure that trouble tickets are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate as needed in required TDR (Technical Dress Rehearsal) activities that are conducted by the Epic technical team.
- Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to a pager 7x24 during the on-call period.
- Be willing to travel to Epic’s corporate headquarters for the necessary Epic specific training that maybe needed.
- Participate in other duties as required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed