Overview and Responsibilities
- Provide system level administration/maintenance for Epic Windows servers.
- Install, maintain, configure and upgrade relevant Windows affiliated Epic systems such BCA, Weblob, Epic Print Service.
- Provide daily care and feed to the VMware infrastructure that hosts the Epic Windows servers.
- Work on establishing the necessary baseline for system capacity planning and overall system performance.
- Provide various system administrative tasks including printer queue management, and automation of various processes via scripting.
- Perform management actions involved with deploying updates and new releases to the Epic Windows environment.
- Perform necessary firmware, hardware, and Windows OS upgrades, and required patch management.
- Document and create the necessary troubleshooting and update guides for various technical responsibilities
- Work closely with respective counterparts at Epic systems – in Verona, Wisconsin.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Windows platform that improve availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- Ensure that the necessary backups are performed on the appropriate Windows systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively/effectively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team while embracing teamwork.
- Participate in required change management process.
- Evaluate and implement third party software products that are needed as ancillary systems, required for overall Epic readiness and functionality.
- Willing to participate in knowledge sharing with other team members, and willing to mentor/train junior personnel.
- Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to pages 7x24 during the on-call period.
- Be willing to travel to Epic’s corporate headquarters for the necessary training, if needed, and when needed.
- Participate in technical support for our users – via various methods such as remote tools, email, phone, and sometimes a site visit.
- Actively participate in triage and support activities using the standard help desk process and approved software tools, and to ensure that trouble tickets are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate as needed in required TDR (Technical Dress Rehearsal) activities that are conducted by the Epic technical team.
- Experience with Netscaler appliance & general load balancing
- Experience with RightFax and Onbase administration
- Technical and operational knowledge of certificates (certs).
- Familiarity with using various tools like lifecycle management, software distribution, software monitoring – like SCCM, SCOM, group policies.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, preferably in a healthcare environment, in support of a large, complex vendor application.
- Experience in VMware administration is strongly desired.
- Experience in Citrix is required
- Certification in Epic Hyperspace and Hyperspace Web
- Experience with Windows 2008 & 2012
- Proven history of embracing documentation as a tool for continued improvement.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to fully embrace the need for thoroughly testing various changes before implementing in a production environment.
- Experience with creating various technical docs/diagrams using MS Visio
- Strong knowledge of back-end infrastructure systems like SANS, storage, virtualization, and enterprise backups.
- A fundamental understanding of HA and Windows clustering.
- Proficiency with scripting tools, example - PowerShell, Visual Basic.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize workload and often work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Participate in other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience working with, and including detailed knowledge of SAN disk storage technology from a major hardware vendor.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with in-depth knowledge of Citrix.
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience performing Windows systems administration duties in a critical production environment, preferable healthcare.
- Microsoft – MCSA, or MCP, or MCTS
- Citrix Certification
- CompTIA – Server+
- Must already have passed Epic's ECSM-SS (ECSA) certification, or pass Epic’s ECSM-SS (ECSA) certification after attending the appropriate training at Epic’s campus in Verona, WI., within 3 attempts.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed